Image

Folded doily basket +°+ Panier napperon plié

us-uk-flag A not-so-perfect doily

It had been a while since I had crocheted a doily, so one day I decided to make a doily larger than any I had made before. Armed with a 2mm crochet hook and appropriate white cotton yarn, and with the free pattern from Gyoso, I started the long journey – as in, it took me weeks because I didn’t work on it very often 😛 – to make this doily.

It was a design that I had been wanting to do for a long time, but as you can see if you look at the pattern, there is not a lot of information there; there is a section of the chart that is to be repeated, but not an entirely drawn chart for the whole doily. And so somewhere, something must have gone wrong, because once I was finished and tried to flatten the doily out, first armed with water, then with an iron, it turned out to be flawed :/ . I don’t know where it went wrong, but there was nothing I could do about it 😥

I had intended to use the doily for a bowl using fabric stiffener, so I went ahead with that plan – I just needed to change the final look of said bowl 🙂 . I placed the doily on the bottom of a vase and folded the extra lace I had to make it fit, and then sprayed it liberally with stiffener. When it came off the edges were a bit heavy and started to droop down, so I used a ribbon for more structural integrity.

In the end some of the doily’s flower-like design is a bit lost, but I can’t say I dislike the end result; I think it’s a nice-looking bowl 🙂

+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+°+

france_clip_art_14391 Un napperon pas très parfait

Ça faisait un moment que je n’avais pas crocheté de napperon alors un jour j’ai décidé d’en faire un plus grand que tous ceux que j’avais fait auparavant.  Armée d’un crochet 2mm et d’un fil de coton blanc, et avec le modèle gratuit de Gyoso, j’ai commencé le long périple – faut dire que ça m’a pris quelques semaines, vu que j’y travaillais pas souvent 😛 – de la fabrication de ce napperon.

C’était un design que je voulais faire depuis un moment, mais comme vous pouvez le voir si vous regardez le modèle, il n’y a pas beaucoup d’information: il y a une section du patron qui doit être répétée, mais il n’y a pas le patron du napperon dessiné en entier. Et du coup à un moment j’ai dû faire une erreur, parce qu’une fois le napperon terminé, quand j’ai tenté de le rendre plat, d’abord à l’aide d’eau puis avec un fer à repasser, j’ai vu que ça ne marchait pas et qu’il y avait donc un défaut :/ . Je ne sais pas à quel moment j’ai fait l’erreur, mais il n’y avait rien à faire 😥

Mon intention depuis le début avait été d’en faire un panier avec un durcisseur pour tissu, donc j’ai repris ce plan – il fallait juste que je repense la forme du panier 🙂 . J’ai donc placé le napperon sur le fond d’un vase en pliant la dentelle en trop pour lui donner la forme adéquate, puis je l’ai inondé de durcisseur. Quand je l’ai enlevé les bords étaient un peu lourds et pendouillaient trop, du coup j’ai utilisé un ruban pour plus de stabilité.

En fin de compte le design à fleur du napperon a un peu disparu, mais je ne peux pas dire que je n’aime pas le résultat final: je pense que c’est un joli panier 🙂

Advertisements

Leave a review +°+ Laissez un commentaire

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s